No one expects anything to go wrong on the vacation they have been saving and looking forward to for months. But sometimes accidents happen and they do go wrong. AIE wants to present 10 possible travel scenarios that may happen to you and your family members while on an international vacation you should protect yourself from:
10 Reasons To Purchase Trip Cancellation Insurance
- A cancelled connecting flight: Who will help you find another connecting flight? What if the only connecting flight does not leave until the following day? Trip cancellation insurance will help you find another connecting flight and accommodations if they are needed.
- Missing medication: What if you or your family member has packed their medications in a suitcase that has been lost? Travel insurance will help you locate your bag and have emergency medications filled at the nearest available pharmacy to get you through until your bag is located.
- Lost of stolen passport: If you are traveling internationally and your wallet and passport are stolen, travel insurance will help you get your passport replaced and emergency money.
- Medical emergency: Trip cancellation insurance also has emergency medical coverage in case of an unforeseen accident. If you need to be evacuated back to your home country, travel insurance will make sure you are able to fly home for treatment.
- Medical emergency back home: If a family member becomes seriously ill and you have to fly back, travel insurance will help pay for any non-refundable deposits or pre-payments.
- Lost of stolen luggage: If your luggage is lost, delayed or stolen, travel insurance will help you locate it, pay for necessities until it is found or will pay to replace it if it is stolen.
- Bankruptcy: What if your cruise line, airline or tour operator goes bankrupt? Who will pay for your non-refundable expenses? Who will help get you to your destination?
- Locate a Doctor: The medical coverage included in travel insurance will also help you locate a local physician should you need one while on vacation.
- Unsafe Area: In cases of terrorism, travel insurance will pay for any cancellation fees associated with a location under threat.
- Hurricane: In case of a hurricane, travel insurance will help you evacuate and reimburse your lost vacation investment.
No one expects anything to go wrong while on vacation and in most cases, nothing does go wrong. But to protect yourself in case it does, travel insurance is a smart purchase.