If you are planning on traveling to a foreign country, or relocating to one, you want to do everything you can to take care of your health. Staying aware of what you put into your body is the number one way to stay healthy! With this in mind, we have a great snack recipe for you that is simple to make, tastes good, is easy to take with you on a plane and is full of essential vitamins and minerals.
The snack recipe today is almonds dusted with cocoa, a powerful combination of vitamins and minerals! Here are just some of the health benefits:
- Almonds are high in the essential minerals calcium and magnesium. Both of these minerals help metabolize fat!
- Almonds are also one of the the best sources of Vitamin E. Vitamin E is a powerful antioxidant that helps your body with muscle repair after a workout AND keeps your skin smooth and moisturized!
- Almonds help keep you slim and trim because they have a low glycemic count. The low glycemic count keeps your blood sugar from spiking so you stay full longer and prevents you from craving sweet treats throughout the day. They are also full of healthy fiber and fats which your body needs too!
- Cocoa is one of the most nutrient dense foods on the planet! It contains sky high levels of antioxidants that keep your skin healthy and radiant!
- Cocoa is full of iron, magnesium and trace minerals
- Cocoa contains high doses of mood enhancing phytochemicals…and who doesn’t want a healthy dose of those?
To take this healthy snack with you, simply take a zip lock sandwich bag and add 1/4 cup of almonds, 2 tablespoons of pure cocoa powder or cacao, 2 packets of Stevia, and shake. You now have a healthy snack that will easily travel where ever you do!